The MMN 2015 organizing committee is pleased to announce that several MMN 2015 travel awards can be granted to researchers submitting outstanding contributions to the upcoming conference.
An MMN 2015 travel award covers travel (flight, train, bus) and accomodation expenses in Leipzig between September 8 and 11, 2015
- up to 150 EUR for participants from Germany
- up to 250 EUR for participants from other European countries
- up to 500 EUR for participants from other countries (Africa, Asia, America or Australia)
All participants who have registered for the conference and submitted a contribution (poster, workshop, or symposium) are eligible for the MMN 2015 travel award. This explicitly includes students, PhD students, and post-docs. Additionally, researchers not yet registered for the conference due to lack of funding are encouraged to submit an application including an abstract for a poster contribution (published online but not in the abstract book in case of selection).
Application and evaluation
To apply please send an e-mail to email@example.com by July 10, 2015, 11:59 pm CEST, including:
- your complete contact details
- the number of your submitted contribution in case you are already registered for the conference
- an original abstract for a poster to be presented at the conference including title and authors in case you are not yet registered for the conference
- a short (2-3 sentences!) statement why your work should be supported by a MMN 2015 travel award
The evaluation of the MMN 2015 travel award applications will be based on the quality of the submitted contribution (originality, significance, accessibility) and winners will be selected by members of the MMN 2015 scientific committee. Reception of applications will be confirmed by e-mail. Decision letters will be sent via e-mail by July 31, 2015 latest.
MMN 2015 travel award winners must complete the request for reimbursement of travel expenses form (available at the conference office) and return it along with original receipts and invoices and a certificate of attendance (available at the conference office). Reimbursements can only be processed via bank transfer or in cash (during the conference). The awarded amount must not exceed the travel costs verified by original receipts and invoices or the above stated rates (depending on the country of the institutional affiliation of the applicant).