|Prof. Dr. Frank Cichos
Monday: 11:15–12:45, online in Moodle
Thursday: 11:15–12:45, online in Moodle
- The online exam will take place on February 11, 2021, 09:20am–12:20pm in Moodle.
- Retake Exam: March 25, 09:00am–12:00pm (announced: February 23)
- In case of technical issues with Moodle or the like during the exam, you can contact:
Nicola Söker, email, phone: +49 341 97-32575
Alexander Fischer, email
Frank Cichos, email
- The lecture takes place online only synchronously via BigBlueButton on Mondays and Thursdays, 11:15am–12:45pm. You will find the BigBlueButton link in Moodle.
- Moodle link
- The weekly assignments will be made available every Monday via Moodle. Please upload your solutions to Moodle one week later until 11:00am on the lecture Monday.
- The exercises will start in the week of November 2 and will be held online.
- Prerequisite for the admission to the examination are 50 % of the total points (sharp!).
- The module will end with a written examination of 180 min duration, the online exam will take place on February 11, 2021, 09:20am–12:20pm in Moodle.
- Demtröder: Electrodynamics and Optics, Springer, 2019 (amazon)
- Saleh/Teich: Fundamentals of Photonics, Wiley, 2007 (amazon)
- Jackson: Classical Electrodynamics, Wiley, 1998 (amazon)
- Hecht: Optics, Pearson, 2016 (amazon)
- Demtröder: Atoms, Molecules and Photons, Springer, 2010 (amazon)
- Haken, Wolf: The Physics of Atoms and Quanta: Introduction to Experiments and Theory, Springer, 2005 (amazon)
- Harnwel, Livingood: Experimental Atomic Physics, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc, 1933 (amazon)
- Visualizations of quantum mechanics (1D, 2D, 3D)
- Visualizations of the hydrogen atom
- Weak measurements: The following articles provide theoretical insights into quantum mechanical measurements, but use the bra–ket formalism, which is not discussed in the lecture: Jakobs und Steck, Brun and Tamir und Cohen
- Millikan: The Electron (book)
The link to the website of the lectures and lecture materials are available to logged in users here.