I'm a first-year PhD student at the research training program (Graduiertenkolleg) IGRA
at Leipzig University.
My research interests include:
- Phonological Typology
- Papuan Languages
- Nominal Syntax
- Phonology-Morphology Interface
- Pitch Accent
- Marie-Luise Popp and me recently had our article on possessor inversion in German published in Glossa.
- I gave a talk on Rhotic-Vowel Interaction in Northern German with Daniel Gleim at the 'r-atics6 in Paris.
- I presented a poster on Downstep Blocking in Hausa and Chimiini at the 7th AMP in Stony Brook.
Talks and Posters
- 2019. Fuse unless tense: Rhotic-vowel interaction in Elbe-Weser German (with Daniel Gleim). 'r-atics6. (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3). (slides)
- 2019. Downstep Blocking by Register Circumfixes. 7th AMP. (Stony Brook University). (poster)
- 2019. Allophony and history of Mee velar lateral. 3rd PaPe. (Lecce, Italy).
- 2019. Multiple Feature Mutation in Papuanesia: A typological survey. APLL 11. (Leiden University). (slides)
- 2019. Outward mutation in Nimboran. mfm 27. (University of Manchester). (poster)
- 2019. Nominal Concord needs Harmonic Serialism: Evidence from Archi. GLOW 42. (University of Oslo). (poster)
- 2019. What's in an R? Dissimilation and R-fusion in Elbe-Weser German (with Daniel Gleim). FiNo 2019. (University of Edinburgh).
- 2019. Register Circumfixes Overwrite Downstep in Hausa and Chimiini. Workshop on Accent. (Leipzig University). (slides)
- 2018. Phonologically conditioned multiple feature mutation in Maskelynes. 6th Annual Meeting on Phonology. (University of California San Diego). (poster)
- 2018. Posterior affricate in Mee and consonant-vowel place interactions (with Peter Staroverov). 6th Annual Meeting on Phonology. (University of California San Diego). (poster)
- 2018. A Fringe Case of Perfect from Mee (with Christine Marquardt and Marie-Luise Schwarzer). TripleA5. (University of Konstanz)
- 2017. Gradient tones obviate floating features in Oku tone sandhi (with Jude Nformi). Workshop on Strength in Grammar. (Leipzig University).
- 2017. Von der Possession die Inversion (with Marie-Luise Popp). Generative Grammatik des Südens. (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen). (Slides)
- 2016. Exceptional and derived environments in Assamese vowel harmony (with Eva Zimmermann). 24th Manchester Phonology Meeting. (University of Manchester) (Slides, printer-friendly version)
- 2018. Multiple Feature Affixation in the Languages of Papuanesia, M.A. thesis
- 2018. Towards a Reconstruction of Proto-Paniai Lakes, manuscript
- 2018. Downstep Deletion as a Register Circumfix: Q-Raising in Hausa and Chimiini as Overwriting, manuscript
- 2018. Linear Order in Mee Vowel Coalescence: Constraints on the directionality of spreading, manuscript
- 2018. Agreement as Bounded Copying: Archi Nominal Concord and beyond, manuscript
- 2017. No PP-internal PP-Inversion in German, manuscript
- 2016. Positionally restricted tone systems in Papuan languages, B.A. thesis
|Sören E. Tebay|
|Institut für Linguistik (IGRA) |
|Telefon: ||+49 341 97 39789
|Telefax: ||+49 341 97 37609 |