• European Lipidomics Meeting
We are proud to announce that 7th European Lipidomics Meeting
co-organized by Dr. Jürgen Schiller and Maria Fedorova will take place in Leipzig 26th-28th of September 2018
More information will follow soon! Download flyer here!
- Eva Griesser defended her PhD thesis “Profiling and quantification of multiple post-transnational modifications in a cardiomyocyte model of nitroxidative stress” !!!
- The Christmas Party Trip to Jena! Was a lot of fun!
- Maria Fedorova together with Dr. Susanne Ebitsch (Transferbeauftrage am Life Science Transfer Office der Universität) organized 1st BBZ Educational/Methodological Workshop “Omics Techniques in Life Science Research” which took place in BBZ on 31 of November. We had six invited speakers talking about genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics and 80 participants!!! – read more here
- Maria Fedorova, Georgia Angelidou, and Zhixu Ni attended e:Med Meeting 2017 on Systems Medicine hold this year in University of Göttingen.
Maria Fedorova presented the poster “(ox)Lipidomics data acquisition and integration for systems medicine view on metabolic disorders”. Georgia Angelidou presented the poster “Reconstructing lipid peroxidation products (LPPs) metabolic networks for systems medicine view on obesity and type II diabetes” . And Zhixu Ni presented the poster “High-throughput identification of native and oxidized phospholipids from LC-MS and shotgun lipidomics datasets to assist biomarker discovery in metabolic diseases” .
- Maria Fedorova, Mike Lange and Zhixu Ni attended Lipidomics Forum meeting hold this year in Forschungszentrum Borstel. Maria Fedorova presented a tutorial on “Oxidized lipids and their quantitative analysis”.
Zhixu Ni with his talk “High-throughput identification of unmodified and oxidized phospholipids from data-dependent LC-MS and shotgun lipidomics datasets using LipidHunter and LPPtiger” won the 1st prize for young investigators presentation!!!
And Mike Lange with his poster “Adipose tissue lipidomics atlas” won the prize for the best poster presentation!!!
- LPPtiger was published in Scientific Reports!!!
- Uladzimir Barayeu defended his Master thesis “Cardiolipin cytochrome c complex. From peroxidase to Fenton chemistry” and moved for his PhD to DKFZ, Heidelberg.
- Zhixu Ni defended his PhD thesis “Development of mass spectrometry-based methods and bioinformatics solutions for high- throughput identification and relative quantification of lipid peroxidation products” with a mark 1.0 (summa cum laude)!!!
- Andreia Monico from Dolores Perez-Sala group in CSIC (Madrid) joint us for her two month MASSTRPLAN secondment! And Giulia Coliva went to the CSIC lab in Madrid.
- Maria Fedorova and Uladzimir Barayeu attended the conference “Free radicals in chemistry and life” organized by Professor Oleg Shadyro at Belarusian State University in Minsk. Maria presented a talk “Systems medicine view on free radical driven lipid and protein oxidation in health and disease”. Uladzimir Barayeu presented a talk on “Cardiolipin-cyt c complex. From peroxidase to Fenton chemistry”.
- Mike Lange presented a talk “Adipose tissue lipidomics” at BBZ Colloquium
- Mike Lange and Uladzimir Barayeu took part at the 16th Mitteldeutscher Marathon. They run 42 km and got the 9th place!!!
- Zhixu Ni presented a poster “LPPdb – a database for systems wide integration of structural, functional, biological and clinical information on oxidized lipids” at Biotechnology Symposium hold at BBZ on 5th October 2017.
- Great News! Venukumar Vemula submitted his PhD thesis in September and moved to the Linnaus University, Sweden for his PostDoc
- Lucia Mendez Lopez who finished her PhD at Bióloga at Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas, Vigo joint us as PostDoctoral researcher!
- Maria Fedorova, Mike Lange, Georgia Angelidou and Giulia Coliva took part at the International HNE Club Meeting “Reactive Oxygen Species and Lipid Peroxidation in Human Health and Disease” which was hold in September at Graz University. Maria Fedorova presented the talk “Analytical strategies to uncover the diversity of lipid peroxidation products and their biological effects”. Mike Lange presented the poster “Mechanism of Lipid Peroxidation in Lipid Droplets”. Giulia Coliva presented the poster “Lipid droplets carbonylation – a new pathway to eliminate lipid peroxidation products?”.
- Georgia Angelidou won the 1st Poster Prize with her poster “Systems biology view on lipid oxidations – reconstructing lipid peroxidation products (LPPs) metabolic networks” and will be giving a presentation at the next HNE Club Meeting at Vanderbilt University (November, 2018)!
- LipidHunter was published in Analytical Chemistry! Check it out (external link to Analytical Chemistry ). Find more here.
- Summer time!
- Giulia Coliva and Maria Fedorova attended the Summer School in Aveiro, Portugal (3-7th of July) organized by MASSTRPLAN . Maria Fedorova presented a teaching lecture on “Quantification strategies in proteomics mass spectrometry – labelling and label free methods”. Giulia Coliva together with Simone Colombo presented their results on electrochemical oxidation of phospholipids.
- Great News! Eva Griesser submitted her PhD thesis in June and moved to the University of Dundee, UK for her PostDoc
- Maria Fedorova and Uladzimir Barayeu attended the OCC 2017 World Congress and the SFRR-Europe 2017 Annual Conference in Berlin (21-23 of June) and presented the posters “Oxidative modifications cross-talk in redox regulation of cellular physiology” and “Cytochrome c- cardiolipin complex: from peroxidase to Fenton chemistry”
With a group of Professor Oleg Shadyro (Belarusian State University, Minsk) at the conference dinner in Berlin.
- Zhixu Ni presented the talk “LipidHunter software for high-throughput identification of phospholipids from LC-MS/MS and shotgun lipidomics datasets” at Chinese-German Chemical Association Annual Meeting (16-17th of June) and also had a time to visit Angela Criscuolo at Thermo Fisher Scientific in Bremen.
- Maria Fedorova together with the President of International HNE Club Neven Zarkovic (Laboratory for Oxidative Stress, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Croatia) published the “Preface to the Special Issue on 4-Hydroxynonenal and Related Lipid Oxidation Products” in Free Radical Biology and Medicine.
Have a look!
- Great News! Zhixu Ni submitted his PhD thesis entitled “Development of mass spectrometry-based methods and bioinformatics solutions for high- throughput identification and relative quantification of lipid peroxidation products”
- Georgia Angelidou attended EMBL Course “Networks and Pathways” provided by European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) at Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
- Uladzimir Barayeu joined us for his Master project “Cytochrome C mediated oxidation of cardiolipin”.
- Christina Mauerhofer from Valery Bochkov’s lab got an EMBO scholarship to work with us on mass spectrometry analysis of oxidized lipids.
- Giulia Coliva and Marina Armeni took part in Industrial Training Event organized my MASSTRPLAN consortium in UK to get further training in mass spectrometry and related techniques.
(MASSTRPLAN ESRs with Project Coordinator Prof. Corinne Spickett, Prof. Andrew Pitt and Debbie Toomeoks in Liverpool)
- We attended the annual meeting of German Society for Mass Spectrometry(DGMS) in Kiel. Maria Fedorova presented a talk “oxLipidomics data integration for systems medicine view on metabolic diseases” and Giulia Coliva presented a poster on “In situ monitoring of lipid oxidation using electrochemistry-mass spectrometry coupling”.
- Our research on cross-talk between lipid and protein carbonylation was published in Redox Biology with Eva Griesser as a first author. Have a look!
- Zhixu Ni presented results on “Computer assisted identification and quantification of phospholipids using data dependent and independent LC-MS/MS” on 2nd Lipidomics Forum in Dortmund.
(Zhixu Ni and Angela Criscuolo) (Zhixu Ni and our former group member Andrea Annibal)
- Maria Fedorova presented results on “Targeted LC-MS quantification of non-enzymatically generated isoprostanes and neuroprostanes” on workshop “Isoprostanes, Neuroprostanes, Phytoprostanes: Biomarkers of lipid oxidation” organized by Thierry Durand and Angel Gil-Izquierdo in Montpellier, France
- Angela Criscuolo, MASSTRPLAN ESR from Thermo Fisher join us for her first secondment
(Maria Fedorova, Georgia Angelidou and Angela Criscuolo in the office)
- Zhixu Ni and Maria Fedorova presented a poster “LPPdb: a database for integration of structural, functional, biological and clinical information on oxidized lipids based biomarkers” on e:Med Meeting 2016 in Kiel.
(Agnieszka Kray, Giulia Coliva, Simone Colombo, Nico Reinhoud and Jean-Pierre Chervet)