Presenting Your Data Visually—Charts, Graphs, and Text
Date(s) - 06/12/2022
15:15 - 17:30
- Academic English
- Digital Literacy
- Präsentation und Visualisierung
- Statistik & Quantitative Forschungsmethoden
Creating charts and graphs and integrating them into your text is an important part of academic work. In fact, you can convey the results of your term paper or thesis in a much more systematic and targeted way by incorporating visual elements.
To do so, it’s important for you to know that there are a variety of conventions and types of figures that you can use to present your data visually, communicate results, and present the facts.
This workshop will provide you with tips and tricks as well as helpful strategies to create meaningful figures and effectively integrate them into your term paper or thesis.
Topics that will be covered:
- design principles for charts and graphs
- guidelines how to select an appropriate graph
- avoid common mistakes when presenting data visually
- choosing effective titles and captions for images
- using location statements to refer to figures
- referring to style guides for guidelines on creating figures
Bachelor’s and master’s students
Ellen Schüßler and Kerstin Gackle
Buchungen sind für diese Veranstaltung geschlossen.